Business Description

Berthoud wedding plannebjhjhr A little bird told me you'd like some help planning your event.....

.

.

Monday, March 3, 2014

The Confetti Foundation


I want to officially introduce everyone to a non-profit that is dear to me,  The Confetti Foundation.  This charity, started by Stephanie Frazier Grimm, collects donations: monetary, supplies, talent and volunteers, to deliver party starter kits to children spending their birthdays in the hospital.  This idea is quickly becoming national and at this point in time is in 29 Children's Hospitals in 20 states.


Each party kit comes in a 15"x11"x4" box that is to represent opening up a gift.  Inside, children will find: 2 tissue pom decorations, 4 wooden spoons & forks, 4 Napkins, 4 Plates, 4 Cups, 4 straws, Themed Coloring Pages and Crayons (or a bookmark for older kids,) Stickers, a Happy Birthday Banner and a handmade Birthday Card.

Here's how I'm doing my part:



Not only have I been named official "Birthday Fairy" for The Colorado Children's Hospital in Aurora Colorado. (This means that I am the liaison between the foundation and the hospital.  The hospital will let me know when they need more boxes and if there are any special theme requests from their patients.)  The boxes are delivered to my home and I get to personally deliver them to the hospital. I am also getting my 3 children on board to teach them the importance of volunteer work, early on.  They will accompany be to drop off party kits.  Above you see my daughter, age 6, who is excited to be a "birthday fairy."
(She asked if she could dress up like a fairy to do the delivery.)
The hospitals that are getting involved in this project are so excited and have let me know that there is a great need for more boxes.  Enough boxes can only be made though, according to how many monetary donations are received by the foundation.  (Each box costs $22 to make, ship, etc.)  I have decided to donate 10% of the profit that I make from contracting wedding and event planning services to the foundation.  Likewise, for every party kit that is purchased via my ETSY website, one will be donated to a child in the hospital.

Here's how you can do your part:

  1. Donate via paypal! Any amount is greatly appreciated.  They are currently trying to earn enough to make 200 boxes by March 15th.
  2. Be a Birthday Buddy. 
  3. Do you love to shop for party supplies as much as I do?  Donate NEW party supplies such as paper straws, stickers and tissue paper poms. View full wish list here.
  4. Donate your talent.  Do you have experience in graphic design?  Create new themes for the stickers, banners, etc. More details here.
  5. Be a Birthday Fairy or Birthday Hero.  If the Children's Hospital in your area is not yet on the list, reach out to see about bringing them some smiles.  It's not a huge commitment and it is so fulfilling, trust me.  
  6. Think of other ways to help: Plan a fundraiser, sell lemonade or cookies.  Do you know any little people who like to color, draw, use stickers and stamps?  Each party box comes with a handmade birthday card, have your child and their friends, or class, or girl scout troop, etc make generic birthday cards (single-sided, on card stock and each in an individual, unsealed envelope,) and mail to:

The Confetti Foundation
78 Thames Street
Newport, RI 02840

No comments:

Post a Comment